In creating partnerships with its local churches and relevant ecumenical
groups, the North East Somerset & Bath Circuit will concentrate its prayers,
resources, imagination and commitments on these priorities:
- Developing confidence in evangelism and in the capacity to speak of God and faith in ways that make sense to all involved.
- Nurturing a culture in the Church that is people centred and flexible.
- Building on the foundations of justice and social responsibility that are our Methodist heritage.
- Underpinning everything we do with God-centred worship and prayer.
Thursday 31st 7.30pm
Circuit Welcome Service for Rev Jane Wilson and Rev David Winstanley
We were saddened to hear of the closure of the Carlingcott society and church at the end of April. It ends a long, rich history of witness in the village. We continue to pray for the members there as they seek God’s guidance in looking for a new church in which to worship and share fellowship.
We say farewell to Rev Philip Simpkins and family as they move to Hampshire in August. Philip’s ministry has been appreciated by many and enhanced by his hospital chaplaincy work. Our prayers go with Philip, Angela, Dan and Luke.
Candidate for the Presbyteral Ministry
We were delighted to learn in April that Sarah Knebel has been a successful candidate for the Methodist presbyteral ministry. She will begin her training in September. We congratulate Sarah on this news and pray for Sarah, Rob and the family as they begin this new chapter in their lives.
The North East Somerset and Bath Methodist Circuit
is a Fairtrade Circuit.
For more information about how Fairtrade is helping farmers and workers in developing countries, please visit the Fairtrade Foundation website by clicking on the logo above, or visiting our Links page.
- NESB Methodist Circuit
- Midsomer Norton Methodist Church,High street
- Midsomer Norton
- BA3 2DR